- Created on Sunday, 22 July 2012 14:35
- Written by CCFTK
In Cherokee County:
- Test scores rank among the highest in the state among regular and special needs students.
- The past 4 years CCSD has scored above the GA average for passing the GA High School Graduation Tests.
- Cherokee County ranks first in Metro Atlanta for SAT scores.
- All students are served, regardless of special needs, race (language) or income. This is done through the provision of transportation for all, documents provided in other languages than English, and no child is turned away from public schools.
- For the last several years, the Cherokee County School District has been recognized nationally as a leader in implementing technology in the classroom. In 2008, we were ranked as the #1 school district in a listing of the top 10 School Districts in the nation for large (more than 15,000) school districts, and we were ranked #4 for 2010.
- CCSD Board was recognized by the same organization in 2006 as one of the Top Ten (#4) Tech-Savvy School Boards in the nation and again in 2007 for the same honor.
Take a look into your local public schools. Cherokee County endorses the Learning Focused strategies, Marzano, and more! CCSD teachers follow state standards and assess for learning through the use of benchmarks throughout the year.
Local school data is compiled four times a year, checking for learning for students as a whole, and for each subgroup; insuring that all students have access to learning and a quality education.